KUBOTA PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective date: May 25th, 2018
Last Updated on May 31th, 2022
Privacy Notice for users of the websites or the applications owned, operated, and maintained by Kubota Engine Division
OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
Kubota Corporation (“Kubota”) takes your privacy seriously. Kubota understands transparency and respect are foundational aspects of longstanding relationships and, therefore, takes every reasonable effort to protect the information you provide to us.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
We refer to personal data according to the following definition.
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that Kubota collects and uses. References in this Privacy Notice to “Kubota”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Kubota Corporation.
Our services may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Kubota. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Kubota, we are not responsible for the websites’ content (including a ‘cookies’ used on that website), any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of linked websites.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR DATA
We collect some personal data directly from you, for example when use our services or contact us or we obtain your personal data from our Business Partners and Affiliates (such as dealers or distributors with whom we have business relationship, or from the entities with whom we have entered into the contract for market survey, purchasing, manufacturing, logistics and other business purposes, inclusive of all those prospecting entities).
Categories of data we collect about you
- Physical Location and Contact Information (name, mailing address, email address, time zone, language, phone number, employer name.)
- Relationship Information (information regarding your inquiries, purchases, regional location and transactions)
- Information we collect online. We collect personal data by using automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. Our services use Google Analytics (“Google Analytics”), a web analytics service provided by Google and undertake anonymization of your personal information to perform data analyses.
- Machine and Use Information (machine use purpose, machine condition and machine operation data which include hours of operation, fuel consumption. In terms of other machine and use information, we would contact you for additional consent. You also are able to opt-out at any time.)
How we process collected data
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the principles globally common to various personal data protection laws. We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We pledge to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
The purpose for collecting and processing data
Kubota uses your personal data for providing you with goods and services you have requested or for alerting you to other products or service as specified below.
- Fulfilment of Your Request. When you use our inquiry, contest or survey functionality on our services, we may use submitted information in conjunction with other information we have about you to supply you with relevant product and service offerings to better respond to your specific product or service inquiries or respond to complaints. If using the Dealer Locator, your information may be provided to our distributors, dealers to satisfy your request.
- Marketing and Promotions. Kubota may use information you provide through our services to market new products and services to you. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, we would contact you for additional consent. You also are able to opt-out at any time. For this purpose, you will find out additional information available in the “Your rights and choices” section.
- Customer Service and Support. We collect and use information about you to support our customer service and support activities or related transactions. This can include, but is not limited to, warranty services, financing or purchasing, product delivery, product training and maintenance support.
- Ordinary Business Purpose. We collect and use information about you to conduct our ordinary business activities or related transactions regarding engines. This can include, but is not limited to, purchasing, manufacturing, logistics, developing and other relevant business activities.
Legal Basis for Processing
Under some data protection laws, Kubota must have a legal basis to process your personal data. The legal basis that applies in an instance will depend on for which of the specific purposes described above Kubota is processing your personal data:
- In certain cases, Kubota may ask for your consent to collect and process your personal data. Should you choose to provide your consent or if you have previously provided it, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred or which is being undertaken under any of the applicable other basis set out below.
- In other instances, the processing of your personal data may be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt-out of this processing, or your choice to opt-out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In still other instances, Kubota may process your personal data based on Kubota’s legitimate interests in relation to our products, services and supports, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt-out of all such processing of your personal data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section.
- In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable laws, it may also occur that processing of your personal data is deemed necessary for pubic or vital interest.
4. ARE WE GOING TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Kubota may share your data with the following parties:
- Distributors, dealers, business partners who provide some portion of our products, and service providers to provide products and services relating to the sale of Kubota products, internal company processes or the servicing of your accounts or transactions
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates, to the extent legally allowed
- Auditors, regulators and other entities, where legally required as needed to protect our rights or property in connection with the sale of assets and/or the company.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have certain rights regarding the personal data we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal data we collect from you, how we use that data, and how we communicate it with you. In accordance with the applicable laws, it is your right to
- access to your personal data processed by Kubota. Namely, you can obtain confirmation that we hold personal data about you, request access to and receive information about the personal data we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
- request correction, update and deletion of personal data
- object, for legitimate reasons, to your personal data being processed;
- object to your personal data being used for prospecting purposes, including in particular commercial purposes (marketing);
- withdraw any consent declaration given through our services or in any other manner (if any) with effect for the future at any time, and to access the wording of such consent declaration at any time.
A cookie is a small text file that the website sends to your device for the purpose of keeping records. It identifies your device, typically your web browser, but it cannot identify you as an individual. Cookies necessary for a personalized user experience remember your preferences (e.g. language used) as well as your activities (e.g. login status) on our services, while other cookies provide enhanced functionality, or gather analytical data to improve performance. You can choose whether to allow us or third parties to set cookies which are not strictly necessary for the functioning of the website via the cookie banner and settings provided on the individual websites (available where legally required).
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Kubota does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children or market to children. If a child has provided personal data to Kubota through our services without his or her parent’ or guardian’ consent, the parent or guardian may contact Kubota to request the data be deleted from our records. Following receipt of such a request, we will make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our records.
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries not only Japan but also other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the data. When we transfer your data to other countries, we will protect that data as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected.
Regarding this service we may transfer your personal data to the following countries mainly:
- Japan ( Storage location of Personal Data. )
- Kubota Engine America Corporation(United States)
- Kubota Engine (Shanghai) Co.,Ltd. (China)
- Kubota Europe S.A.S. (France)
- Kubota (Deutschland) GmbH (Germany)
- Kubota (U.K.) Ltd. (United Kingdom)
For other transfer destinations, please refer the following on our website.
Such transfer may take place for business operations, marketing, market research and PR activities, and sales and/or after-sales management. For each such transfer, we make sure that we provide an adequate level of protection to the transferred data.
Please note that Kubota goes through detailed due diligence process before selecting the data processors with whom we share your personal data. Kubota has appropriate contractual arrangements in place to ensure that your personal data should be protected.
8. HOW WE HOLD AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal data is important to Kubota. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. These safeguards are intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information you provide to us. We periodically assess risks to your information and update our policies, procedures and technology accordingly.
To provide our services in a reliable and responsible manner, Kubota processes and stores your personal data on secure servers located in Japan where Kubota is located. There may be cases where the data protection level in Japan falls short of the data protection level required under laws in your country or region. In such a case, we will take measures so that your personal data is lawfully transferred to our server in Japan pursuant to applicable laws.
Kubota stores personal data only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which the personal data is collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal data if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
No data transmission over the Internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your information, Kubota cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us online. You transmit all such information at your own risk.
9. UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal data practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant services to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated. If we update our Privacy Notice, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, Kubota privacy practices or if you would like to exercise your rights or to update information or preferences you provided to us, please e-mail us at: kbt_g.engine-privacy(at)kubota.com
- Kubota Corporation
- Engine Division
- E-mail: kbt_g.engine-privacy(at)kubota.com