KUBOTA PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective date: May 25, 2018
OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
Kubota Corporation Engine Division (“Kubota”) takes your privacy seriously. Kubota understands transparency and respect are foundational aspects of longstanding relationships and, therefore, takes every reasonable effort to protect the information you provide to us.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
1.WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
We refer to personal data according to the following definition.
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Kubota. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Kubota, we are not responsible for the websites’ content (including a ‘cookies’ used on that website), any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of linked websites.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect some personal data directly from you, for example when use our website, use our services or contact us or we obtain your personal data from our Business Partners and Affiliates (such as dealers or distributors with whom we have business relationship, or from the entities with whom we have entered into the contract for market survey, purchasing, manufacturing, logistics and other business purposes, inclusive of all those prospecting entities).
Categories of data we collect about you
- Physical Location and Contact Information (name, mailing address, email address and phone number, fax number, customer ID)
- Relationship Information (information regarding your inquiries, purchases, regional location and dealer transactions
- Machine and Use Information (machine use purpose, machine condition and machine operation data which include hours of operation, fuel consumption. In terms of other machine and use information, we would contact you for additional consent. You also are able to opt-out at any time.)
- Information we collect online. We, collect personal data by using automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. Our websites use Google Analytics (“Google Analytics”), a web analytics service provided by Google and undertake anonymization of your personal information to perform data analyses.
How we use collected data
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the principles globally common to personal data protection laws. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We pledge to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
The purpose for collecting and processing data
Kubota uses your Personal Data for providing you with goods and services you have requested or for alerting you to other products or service as specified below.
- Fulfilment of Your Request. When you use our inquiry, contest or survey functionality on our websites, we may use submitted information in conjunction with other information we have about you to supply you with relevant product and service offerings to better respond to your specific product or service inquiries or respond to complaints. If using the Dealer Locator, your information may be provided to our distributors, dealers to satisfy your request.
- Marketing and Promotions. Kubota may use information you provide through transactions and through our websites to market new products and services to you. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes we would contact you for additional consent. You also are able to opt-out at any time.
- Customer Service and Support. We collect and use information about you to support our customer service and support activities or related transactions. This can include, but is not limited to, warranty services, financing or purchasing, product delivery and maintenance support.
- Ordinary Business Purpose. We collect and use information about you to conduct our ordinary business activities or related transactions. This can include, but is not limited to, purchasing, manufacturing, logistics and other relevant business activities.
Legal Basis for Processing
Under data protection laws, Kubota must have a legal basis to process your Personal Data. The legal basis that applies in an instance will depend on for which of the specific purposes described above Kubota is processing your Personal Data:
- In certain cases, Kubota may ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. Should you choose to provide your consent or if you have previously provided it, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred or which is being undertaken under any of the applicable other basis set out below.
- In other instances, the processing of your Personal Data may be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt-out of this processing, or your choice to opt-out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In still other instances, Kubota may process your Personal Data based on Kubota’s legitimate interests in relation to our products, services and supports, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt-out of all such processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section.
- In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable laws, it may also occur that processing of your Personal Data is deemed necessary for pubic or vital interest.
4. ARE WE GOING TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Kubota may share your information with the following parties:
- Distributors, dealers, business partners who provide some portion of our products, and service providers to provide products and services relating to the sale of Kubota products, internal company processes or the servicing of your accounts or transactions
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates, to the extent legally allowed
- Auditors, regulators and other entities, where legally required as needed to protect our rights or property in connection with the sale of assets and/or the company.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures.
5.YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. In accordance with the applicable laws, it is your right to
- access to your personal data processed by Kubota. Namely you can obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
- request correction, update and deletion personal data
- object, for legitimate reasons, to your personal data being processed;
- object to your personal data being used for prospecting purposes, including in particular commercial purposes (marketing);
- withdraw any consent declaration given through the website or in any other manner (if any) with effect for the future at any time, and to access the wording of such consent declaration at any time.
(1) Kubota may use “cookies” when you access the Website in particular to prevent you from having to re-enter information on different occasions. Some of the cookies used on the Website are strictly necessary to provide the requested services. As a rule, these cookies will be deleted after your session has ended. Other cookies, such as for web analytics, will be stored for a longer period and will only be placed where you have given your prior consent. Under Section (3) below, you can find an overview of the cookies used, their purposes and their lifespan.
(2) To the extent that you have provided your personal data, including your email address, during your registration or your access to the Website or any of our services, Kubota may, subject to your choices, associate browsing information for your device, processed by the cookies that Kubota emit, with your personal data to send you, for example, electronic surveys or to display on your device, in advertising space containing cookies that Kubota emit, personalized advertising that is specifically intended for you, and may be of personal interest to you.
(3) When using our website and not disabling cookies, and as necessary based upon your prior consent, the following cookies described below are used:
|COOKIE||NAME and LIFESPAN|
|Google analytics||Google Analytics||Google analytics||30 days|
(4) If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can change the settings of your computer and your browser. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
As indicated above our websites use “Google Analytics”, for more information and opt-out options please see below.
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
(2) Google will use this information as commissioned data processor to help Kubota evaluate the use of the Website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other statistical and analytical services relating to usage of the Website. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
(3) You may prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie about your use of this Website (including your IP address) and opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by downloading and installing a browser-plugin which is available here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
(4) As an alternative to installing the browser-plugin, or in case you use the Website with browsers on mobile devices, you can also opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics if you click on the following opt-out link: Opt-out of Google Analytics Tracking: In this case, an opt-out cookie will be placed on your browser that prevents any further tracking of your use of this Website by Google Analytics. Please remember that you will have to opt-out again if you delete all cookies stored on your device.
(5) You will also have to opt-out for each device you use to visit our Website. For an overview of privacy at Google, please click below https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
If you provide us with any information or material relating to another individual, you should make sure that the sharing with us and our further use as described to you from time to time is in line with applicable laws, so for example you should duly inform that individual on the processing of her/his personal data and obtain her/his consent, as may be necessary under applicable laws.
You can exercise your right and choices either by using the specific links provided in this page or by contacting us as specified in the section How to contact us.
6.INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected.
7.HOW WE HOLD AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to Kubota . We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. These safeguards are intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information you provide to us. We periodically assess risks to your information and update our policies, procedures and technology accordingly.
Kubota stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
No data transmission over the Internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your information, Kubota cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us online. You transmit all such information at your own risk.
8.UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated. If we update our Privacy Notice, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
9.HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, Kubota privacy practices or if you would like to exercise your rights or to update information or preferences you provided to us, please e-mail us at: kbt_g.engine-privacy(at)kubota.com
- Kubota Corporation
- Engine Division